Wednesday, August 14, 2024

The Searchers ...

“One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.”

          ~ William Shakespeare

             ~ 1564 ~ 1616

My favorite yearling ~ Buttons, as I call him ~ shows off his velvet as the eight point buck and his mama doe search for an apple I tossed them on beautiful summer evening in late July at Trexler Memorial Park, Allentown, Pennsylvania.

I began photographing Buttons as a precious white-spotted fawn, then a sweet button buck and then a beautiful yearling, until he migrated away in January 2020. Along the way I tossed him many apples, which he loved eating. It’s a true joy and blessing to me personally and as a photographer to have watched this white-tailed deer grow.

2 comments:

Photography by Jo said...

Lovely blog,Tami! It must be beautiful to see Buttons grow alongside his mama. I love deer and it's always so wonderful to see them. Love the quote tooo... very meaningful!

Trailscapes Fine Art Photography by Tami Quigley said...

Thanks so much Joanne, really appreciate it! Yes it was great to see Buttons grow, get a little glimpse into their world:) The deer are always my fav