Monday, April 2, 2018

I Will Remember Too ...


“I’ll remember you
Long after this endless summer has gone
I’ll be lonely oh so lonely
Living only to remember you …

To your arms someday I’ll return to stay
Till then I will remember too
Every bright star we made wishes upon
Love me always, promise always
Oooh, you’ll remember too
I’ll remember you.”
             ~  “I’ll Remember You”
                   ~ written by Kui Lee, 1964
        ~ recorded by the great Elvis Presley, 1966
 A beautiful tree swallow poses with a seemingly wistful expression, as if to say, “I will remember too” on a beautiful late May afternoon along the Delaware and Lehigh National Heritage Corridor (D&L Trail) at Lehigh Gap.

In the shadow of the Kittatinny Ridge, also called Blue Mountain, the Lehigh Gap in Slatington, Pennsylvania, is a crossroads where the Lehigh Gap Nature Center’s trails connect two historic trails – the Appalachian Trail and the D&L Trail. 

The Appalachian Trail, a foot path, follows the ridge on both sides of the Lehigh Gap, running 1,245 miles south to Georgia and 930 miles north to Maine. Running from Wilkes-Barre to Bristol, the D&L Trail passes through the Lehigh and Delaware rivers and their canals in Pennsylvania.

No comments: